Special district election: Tuesday, May 6, 2014
- Candidates and candidate committees whose office will appear on the 2014 May Special District Election ballot.
- Issue Committees whose issue attempts access to or appears on the 2014 May Special District Election ballot.
- All other active special district committees (political and small donor committees, 527 political organizations, independent expenditure committees) whose candidates or issues attempts access to or appears on the 2014 May Special District Election ballot.
|Report due date
|April 15, 2014
April 27, 2013 - April 10, 2014
|May 2, 2014
||April 11, 2014 - April 27, 2014
|June 5, 2014
||April 28, 2014 - May 31, 2014
- Candidates and candidate committees whose office does not appear on the 2014 May Special District Election ballot
- Issue committees whose issue does not attempt access to or appear on the 2014 May Special District Election ballot
|Annual report due date
|May 1, 2014
April 27, 2013 - April 26, 2014
The 24 Hour Notice of Major Contributor, the 48 Hour Notice of Independent Expenditure, and the Electioneering Communication reports do not apply to the Regular Biennial Special District Election but may apply at other times during the election cycle. Refer to the Campaign Finance manual or the Secretary of State’s website for more information.
A special district election is being held in conjunction with the 2014 General Election. When do candidates and committees who are involved with this election file their reports?
You will file your disclosure reports according to the "Frequent Calendar" of the 2014 County Filing Calendar.
Note that special district candidates and candidate committees are not required to file disclosure reports until they have raised or spent more than $200 in the aggregate.
I have other questions about special district elections.
Questions about special district elections should be directed to the designated election official or the Department of Local Affairs. Some information for candidates is available in the special district candidate FAQs.
I have questions about campaign finance disclosure reporting.
Questions about campaign finance disclosure reporting should be directed to our office. You can contact us at 303-894-2200, ext. 6383, or at email@example.com.