- Q1. How do I know that the document that I filed online was accepted?
- A1. If your form was filed successfully, you should have received the “Transaction Confirmation” page. The confirmation page includes an image of the completed form and payment information. The image will have an “E-FILED” stamp at the top and a stamp with the filing date and the document number in the top right corner of the page.
You can also check if a document was filed by searching the business database. To search:
- Go to the Business Home page.
- Select "Search business database" and then search for your business, trade name or trademark.
- Click on the ID number to the left of your record in the results.
- From the Summary page for your entity, select "View History and Documents".
- The History and Documents page will list each document that has been filed for the entity. If the document appears on the History and Documents page, that means the document has been accepted and the payment has been received.
When submitting payment for a form online, click ONLY ONCE on “Pay Now”. The payment may take a few moments to process, and clicking “Pay Now” more than once may result in multiple charges.
- Q2. Why does online filing generally cost less?
- A2. Online filings require fewer resources than paper filings and therefore cost the Secretary of State’s office less to process, resulting in lower fees for most online filing services.
- Q3. I tried to file a form online, but it didn't work. What happened?
- A3. After clicking on "Submit", you will see a transaction preview. Your filing is not finished at this point! Click on "Accept" at the bottom of the screen to go to the payment page.
- After clicking on "Pay Now", you should see a "Transaction Confirmation" page if the filing was successful. If you remain on the payment screen after clicking "Pay Now", check for error messages at the top of the page.
- Often online filings are unsuccessful because of incorrect data entered into one or more fields. Please follow the directions on the screen when submitting the document and click the “Pay Now” button only once.
- Also, we recommend using Internet Explorer version 6.0 or above. Review our filing tips and troubleshooting information. High security settings on your computer may prevent payment information from being processed. In addition, the Secretary of State’s website will timeout in ten minutes if the Web page is inactive. Timeout errors can occur if the browser back button is used. If continued attempts to file online are unsuccessful, please contact us for assistance.
- Q4. When will the document I filed online appear on the record?
- A4. Documents filed online are processed in real time and are available immediately after being filed on the website. Any changes made in a document that is filed online will be immediately reflected on the related record, unless a delayed effective date is stated in the document. If you are filing a Periodic Report for a Noncompliant entity, a Statement Curing Delinquency, or Articles of Reinstatement, the entity will immediately be returned to Good Standing upon completion of online filing. Once filed, a copy of the document can be viewed and printed online.