ContentsDownload RulesPermanent Rule FilingEmergency or Additional Permanent Rule FilingCorrection Filing
Rich Text Format (.rtf)
To download a rule:
- Log in to the Secretary of State's eFiling system.
- On the Agency Rulemaking home page, under "Rule Download", click on "Download a copy of a rule". This will bring up a list of your agency's rules.
- Click on the document name.
- Click on the rule number or the latest version number. Wait about thirty (30) seconds for the rule to download.
- Click on the icon that looks like a notepad. This will open a rich text document (.rtf).
- Save the file to your hard drive. In the "Save as type..." field, choose "Rich Text Format" (.rtf) or "Word Document" (.doc).
If you are using Word 2007 or later, do not choose "Word Document". This will save the file as a .docx and people with older versions of Word will not be able to open it. If you choose "Word 97-2003 Document", the file will be saved as a .doc.
- Do not use periods in file names.
This file can now be used to create your proposed rules.
Use "Track Changes" or small caps and strikeouts to indicate changes.
When you finish making changes, save the file and attach it to your Notice of Rulemaking.
After your hearing, save the final version with "Track Changes" or strikeouts as your Redline document. Save a clean copy with no track changes for your Adopted Rules document. Attach these files to your request for an Attorney General opinion.